Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Hot Flashes Do’s and Don’ts - Update #3

The apostrophes are probably all wrong on my title.  Get over it.  :-p

Don’t
Other than what you read doing your own research:
Don’t sleep on a memory foam mattress.  If you can tolerate a spring mattress, they are way better for airflow and keeping your body cooler.  If not, then get a hybrid.  I think mine has a cooling gel layer and it doesn’t do squat for keeping me cool at night.
Don’t dry your clothes with Bounce.  Get 6 wool balls.  The Bounce or any other fabric sheet has chemicals that melt during the drying process and clog the holes in your clothes.
Don’t sleep with 1,000 thread count sheets - same concept - no holes, can’t help keep you cool.

Do
Get a Bed Jet or similar gadget.  It helps, but I would prefer that it blew cold air versus ambient.
Sleep nekkid if you can tolerate it.  I can’t.
Sleep alone.  I can’t.  And though they are little - my dogs do put out some body heat.

I also bought a mattress pad and pajamas from cool-jams.com
PJ’s haven’t arrived yet.  Got the mattress pad today.  I’ll update this tomorrow with how I slept.  It’s a very high-quality mattress pad and will fit on even a pillow top I think.

I slept very well last night.  :-)
The low was in the high 30's so that might have helped.  But I woke up not in a puddle of sweat.  I'm looking forward to getting the pajamas today.  I'll update again tomorrow after I sleep in the pj's.

1/19/19
Got my PJ’s yesterday.  They’re very well made.  Definitely not used to spending that amount of money on pajamas.  But I slept through the night and when I did wake up I didn’t feel like I was laying in a puddle.  I felt a little damp on the side I was laying on, but that’s way better than a puddle.

I also didn’t have my Bed Jet on last night.

I will be buying more of these pajamas and throwing away my sleeping t-shirts.

2/5/19
Got bamboo pajamas on Amazon.  Sold by SleepyTimePJs and less than $30.  They are so very soft!!  And very comfy.  Definitely recommend these pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...