Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I think that's what he's got.  It's at the top instead of the bottom, which is good.  If it was at the bottom, there's a higher chance he'd become paralyzed.

He has coughing fits every so often due to his collapsing trachea.  That could be due to the damage from when he got that greenie stuck in his esophagus and age.

He loves his chest rubs and kissing my whole face whether I want it or not.

Cody at 13 has slowed down a little.  When I pick him up his back crinkles.  But his vet didn't think it was a major issue, especially since Cody isn't in pain or discomfort.  He plays nightly with D and sometimes Mort even is up for a tussle.  And he still loves the kissing game.

Jazz at 15 is definitely salt and pepper - all over her body.  She's my little alpha female and will kick D's ass if the puppy gets out of line.  Despite that, she can also be very timid.  She has a stage 2 heart murmur which is nothing and corneal edema in her left eye.

Mort at...well, he's old.  Blind, stage 5 or 6 heart murmur, LOVES HIS MOMMA!  He plays with Cody and he'll even play with me a little bit.  He prefers chest rubs and me scratching the top of his head to playtime though.  And he hates taking his flurosemide.  I try to keep him calm because excitement causes his heart to beat faster which causes old man coughing and wheezing.

Adele is 6 1/2.  She'll play with D a little.  Not as much as Cody.  She loves, LOVE her belly rubs and loves her granddad.  She's the lookout for The Mafia.  Like a meerkat.  She sees something questionable, she screams.  Normally while she's sitting on the top of the sofa right at my ear.  That high-pitched bark is painful!  But it gets the others running to the door...while she stays at her post.  She's had no medical issues since her week in the hospital for her pancreatitis.

D is 1 year old.  She's come a very long way in the short time I've had her.  She asks to be picked up.  Loves to hug, loves her belly and chests rubs.  She is addicted to her iFetch mini tennis balls.  She will stuff them in the sofa if I'm not paying attention.  She goes to my dad and will even give him kisses.

I got Cody and D DNA test.  Both are 65 to 70% Chihuahua with a mix of other stuff.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...