Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Hot Flashes and Night Sweats Suck

I used to not care that I was sweating.  When I was younger I'd be drenched and I wouldn't be hot.

Fast forward to 50+ and my body now hates being warm and sweating doesn't cool me down at all.

And then there's the sneak attack hot flashes.  I'm not doing anything different, sitting at work or at home, and it starts in my arms and chest and works it's way up.  Escalating temperature-wise the whole time it's crawling up to the top of my head.

Sometimes I just get the hot without the sweat.  Other times, I'm dabbing at my face.  Or if when it happens in bed, all the dogs have to shift so I can get my one leg out from under the sheet and also pull my shirt up and sheet down to expose my belly to the air.

So I did some research.  Since these hot flash things aren't going to end any time soon.

I found the BedJet and a couple other options.  I chose the BedJet based on a few reviews I watched on YouTube.

I bought it directly from them, not through Amazon because it was cheaper.

The company is excellent.  Sending a thank you email and emails with the progress of shipping.  Also, an email on things to remember when installing the BedJet.  Unpacking it was easy.  The manual is the size of a thick magazine.  But don't let that discourage you. 

I had the thing unpacked and installed in about 20 minutes and that was me taking my time.

It was so nice last night!  I may end up moving the blower closer to the side, middle of the bed rather than near my feet.  But it was very nice having air flowing around me, keeping me cool and dry.

The dogs are still trying to figure out where they can lay without this air blowing their ears.  :-)
I'm going to try to put them between the comforter and the sheet so they can't feel it.

If you have a significant other, there is a dual control BedJet.  Check out this video:
https://youtu.be/zXjIY-j8Yyw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...