Thursday, April 12, 2018

FNA Biopsy - Updated

This was like a theme park ride.  A lot of waiting for 2 minutes of fun.

I have 3 nodules that are close to each other on the left side.  2 are now at 1.4 cm, the third one is a baby in between and at the top of the other 2.

A little discussion about which of the bigger ones to biopsy.  Decided on the one that has not grown.

Lidocaine injection - that was the worst part.  That few seconds of the needle and the Lidocaine going in.  Less painful then getting gums numbed at the dentist.

I didn't even realize he started the tissue collection process till the tech told me the needle was heading to my nodule and pointed at the screen.  I still thought we were doing Lidocaine.

I only jumped once.  Not out of pain, but surprise.  The needle was going in slow, then something gave way and like a pop, but no noise.  Dr. Ross explained that the needle was probably going through my muscle wall.

A few gentle pumps in the nodule with that needle.  Then another needle and a few more gentle pumps.

And TADA! all done.  I left with a regular band-aid covering the hole.

Photo below is what it looks like about 2 1/2 hours after.  Just a little bruising so far,



Dr. and tech said the nodules didn't show characteristics of cancer, but my thyroid is 'ugly'.

Part of me is still hoping it is cancer so I can just get the thyroid removed and not have to deal with scans and tests every year.  Hashimoto's will eventually destroy my thyroid, so I'd rather just get rid of it now.

There's no real bad news no matter how this turns out which is good.  :-)

Today I just feel like I slept wrong.  Little bit of muscle ache in my neck.  Picture below was taken 4/13/18 at about 10:25am.  Roughly 24 hours after procedure.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...