Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Bra Wars - Update

I've been hunting for THE bra. And after measuring myself and realizing I am not a C cup, I did some shopping.

Wal Mart only sells as high as 3D.  And that happens to be my most comfy bra.  Curvation.  It also is supposedly 1 cup size too small.

So I bought a Paramour 40 G and 2 Bali 40 G's from Bare Necessities.  Paramour was beyond wrong.  The band was too big - I had to hook the middle.  And the cups were not holding the girls in place at all.  It's like jello in too big a bowl.  And the underwire cut into my armpits.  The Bali's - the band was too small, which then smooshed my boobs.  And the undewire is high poking out at my cleavage.

I measured both and the Paramour has a band of about 36 ish.  It's a racerback so hard to get an accurate measurement.  The Bali's are 34 or smaller.  WTF!!!  I'm a 40 why in the hell would you make the band that much smaller?

So then I buy some Cacique from Lane Bryant, but don't look at the chart because I thought it was a standardized thing.  Even after dealing with the difference of Paramour and Bali.  Then I decided to look - for a Cacique I'm an F cup.  All the other charts I'm 4D/G.  *sigh*

I expect to be sending the Caciques back for at least 1 size smaller cup and possibly a size smaller band as well.  But I will keep the tags on so I can send it back.

That's where I messed up on the Bare Necessities purchase.  I was so happy to get new bras, I tore the tags off and can't return them.  They will be used as my work outside bras.

It should not be this difficult to find a friggin bra.  Measure, measure, subtract, BAM - go shopping.  But nooooooooooooooooo, so when you find one you like, stick to it and buy backups.  Because, ladies, you know damn well they'll quit making the thing when you need to get replacements.

2 out of the 3 Caciques fit!  Only one needs to go back and it's because there's gaping between the straps and top of the cup and me.  After chatting with my BFF, I'll do better in a demi or balconette type bra.  But the other 2 are fine.  Hurray!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...