Tuesday, March 6, 2018

First Meal - Low Iodine Diet in Preparation for Uptake Test

This part will be a repeat for those that know me - I do not like grocery shopping, meal planning, or cooking.  Some folks do - I definitely do not.  That's the main reason I chose NutriSystem as my eating plan.  Box o' food shows up, counselors do not bother me, and I eat.

The imaging center called today and scheduled my uptake test.  What I didn't know is that I have to go in for the pill or shot then 24 hours later go back for the actual scan.  I thought my doctor would prescribe the pill. 

The first visit is 2 weeks from tomorrow.

So I went grocery shopping today.  I got everything I wanted except chicken.  I can always get it later if I really want to.  But I can only have 5 oz. of meat max a day.  I'm going to look at the canned chicken, also research it online, to see if I can get that instead of fresh chicken.

Tonight I had 1/3 cup egg whites (equivalent to 2 large eggs), red seedless grapes, and steamed zuchini and yellow squash.  Dessert will be a mango.  The egg whites I microwaved for a minute and they turned out wonderfully fluffy!  I'm still nibbling at the squash and grapes.

I have unsalted peanut butter to go with my apple for 1 of my snacks tomorrow.

What I'm doing is using the flex meals of NutriSystem to determine how many power fuels and how many smart carbs per meal to eat.  Veggies - I still have to consume 4 servings of those.

I'm able to eat oatmeal, but the thing I read didn't say whether 'pure' oatmeal or the packaged, flavor stuff.

I'm going to be eating a lot of egg whites!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...