Sunday, November 12, 2017

David - Corrected

I was amazed and grateful how my older brother handled Ma's death.  I was also relieved that he was with Dad.

My brother has rectal cancer.  I can't remember when they told me.  But David reminded me that it was after Ma died.

He's on chemo and radiation.  He's got a port in his chest.  The poison is hard on his body as anyone knows that's had this done or had a relative deal with this.  It's torn up his throat so that about all he can tolerate is room temperature water.  It's also done damage to his tongue, mouth, and lips.  Imagine your whole bottom lip covered with a scab like it's healing from a severe sunburn.

Through all this he's stayed positive and energetic.  Still has that weird sense of humor.  :-)
Still has that mischievous shine in his eyes.

I took the photo when I visited with them yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...