Friday, July 28, 2017

Angry, Frustrated, and Disappointed

Angry - I've taught someone how to use my company's software to teach our customer's how to appraise a vehicle.  Numerous times over the last roughly 2 years.  He still doesn't grasp how appraising the vehicle properly - even in our store is necessary.  And if he's not doing it right, that means he's not teaching properly which means his students are probably also doing it wrong.

Frustrated - I then have to go behind him.  Add photos, add the internet price, add the retail price, add the exterior color, etc.  All the things that are needed for when the deal is complete and the vehicle gets put into our inventory.

I've also told him numerous times to handle off schedule classes through our department email so that I'm aware of what's going on.  He's failed to do that.

Disappointed - I'm disappointed in my teaching skills.  If he's not grasping what I'm teaching while we're within 6 feet of each other, that tells me that my students aren't getting it either.  I'm questioning what I'm doing wrong.  He says, "Yeah, yeah, I get it."  I even have him show me after I've corrected him.  And the second I go back to my office it's like he forgets everything I just said.

I got myself so worked up today that I gave myself a headache.

I did point out the problem to our director.  I even forwarded him a recording of the class today that I had an issue with and pointed out the errors.  However, I don't expect anything to be done about it.  I don't think he realizes that I feel bad teaching produces customers frustrated with our software.

*deep breath*  At least I have the weekend to calm down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...