Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Mort Update and Me Update

First, me since it's shorter.  I've been congested for months.  Upper left sinus.  The weather lately hasn't helped.  We've gotten a lot of rain.  I think it started to loosen up yesterday and I finally broke down today and took a Sudafed at 3:30.  Now I'm sleepier than normal, but I feel things moving around and draining.  Hoping that's a good thing.

Now Mr. Mort - Last Tuesday I took him to the vet because he had been in pain and hiding since Saturday or Sunday after dinner.  I've been stuck on it's probably arthritis.  His doctor is keeping an open mind and considering a possible injury.  Which is good that he's doing that.  The pain was left, rear area possibly hip, back, pelvis, knee - back there somewhere.

He was given carprofen once a day for 5 days.  He definitely improved on that stuff.  This Sunday was his last dose.  I would give it to him in the morning.  Monday after work he went to go outside, hopped off the front step as usual.  But then yipped twice, turned right back around and hid under the sofa.
:-(

So he got another dose last night and today I called his vet.  I want to put him on joint supplements to see if that helps.  The only solution his vet has if it is arthritis is long-term carprofen.  And he also suggested we get blood work done on him since it's been 2 years.

I don't know why I'm anti long term carprofen other than I've heard it can cause liver damage.  So I need to do my own research.

I'm hoping the joint supplements will be enough for the little dude.

None of the vet practices in my town have laser therapy.  We'd have to go over to Destin.

Tomorrow I'll get the joint supplements and we'll go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...