Thursday, November 14, 2019

Why I don't like Christmas

A couple blogs ago I mentioned I didn't like Christmas.

Since it's quickly approaching I shall explain why...
I love giving gifts, I love seeing people smile.

But stupid me can't accept a gift gracefully.  I then feel like I have to give you something back.  And I can't do that all the time.

This year will be especially difficult because - none of your business!  LOL
But I have some things going on that won't allow me to spend any extra money at all.

I feel there will be some asshole somewhere - probably at work - that will start the whole, "We should do a gift exchange!"
I'll be the one to shoot that down and then get questioned for it.  "You can't even afford $10 or $20?"
No, I can't.  And even if I could, why?  Don't you get enough shit from your family?  Why do you have to force your co-workers to get involved as well?
Let me wrap up this company pen for you just so you'll leave me the hell alone.

My financial situation is none of your business, co-worker.  I should be able to just say, "Nope, not participating," without any explanation.

Christmas is also fake.  It was a holiday created for consumers to buy stuff.  Not as fake as Thanksgiving, but pretty damn close.

And side note - I like Thanksgiving more than Christmas and I like Valentine's Day better than Thanksgiving.  V Day I can walk around giving hugs and saying I love you and no one thinks I'm weird.  Thanksgiving I enjoy that whole time around it to be thankful for everything I have - my family mostly.

I don't want anything under the tree this year.  I just want to be with my family and have this one huge goal reached the week of Christmas.  And maybe I'll be able to cook them Christmas dinner with David's help.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...