Wednesday, March 27, 2019

NutriSystem Thoughts

I’ve been on NutriSystem for almost 1 1/2 years.  And I have no intention of stopping.  Pre-packaged food at correct serving size.  No meal planning for me.

However, it bothers me that their nutritional information on the labels says the same thing every other label says, “Based on a 2,000 calorie a day diet.”  But women are supposed to keep to 1200 calories and men (I think) 1500 calories.  Someone couldn’t redo the math?!

NS also says to eat 4 servings of veggies a day.  But most of their lunches and dinners contain veggies.  They don’t bother putting how many servings of veggies on the labels.   And their app is too simplistic so it doesn’t count any of the NS food as veggie servings.

Hell, if I enter my lunch before noon - it forces it into the AM Snack even though I enter it in the Lunch area and I’ve already entered something in the AM Snack area.  Programmers get on my last nerve.

If I enjoyed shopping and creating meals, I’d eat non-processed foods.  However, the 2 weeks I was on the low-iodine diet was enough for me.  I don’t like cooking, meal planning, shopping, or creating.  I ate a lot of egg white with avocado those 2 weeks.
:-)

Do I think NS is completely healthy?  No.  I had a Double Chocolate Caramel bar for lunch.  But it’s a lot better than eating McD’s or Taco Bell.

Portion control - that’s the main thing I needed to be able to lose the weight.  That and getting my Hashimoto’s semi-straightened out.

By the way - sprinkling cinnamon on my apple for my afternoon snack is very yum!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...