Sunday, March 31, 2019

Hashimoto’s Update

I got my blood tested Thursday.  Friday my endo let me know my TSH was .19.

The test before that had me at .37.  So my meds were dropped from 175 Monday and Friday and 150 the rest of the week to 175 Monday only 150 the rest of the week.  In theory, my TSH should have risen a little instead of lowering a lot.

To say I was upset would be an understatement.  What was I doing wrong to make it not do what it’s supposed to do?

My doctor told me a lot affects this.  Changes in weight, rate of absorption and research I’ve done shows stress affects it as well.

It took me till today to realize it’s a good sign that I’m having to take less synthetic hormones.

I felt horrible 2 weeks ago.  Which should have told me that something was wrong with my TSH.  But I didn’t connect the 2.  I blamed it on stress at work, not having my shower done, allergies....

So I’m back to 150 which is the dose I was at right after the surgery.  Another blood test in 2 months. Ma would be impressed at how good I’m getting with needles.  :-)

I’ve accepted the idea of being tired most of the time and second guessing myself.  But I still have a tiny bit of hope that when my TSH settles down that maybe I’ll have more good days than bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...