Thursday, December 6, 2018

Portion Control and Wonky Scale

My favorite time of day other than going home to my doggies is peanut butter apple time.  And since my dad taught me that putting apples in the fridge makes them lose their taste - it's even more better!

But this is where my total lack of control with food comes in.  I eat my PBA with a spoon.  I will shovel that peanut butter on my apple. 

So after weighing myself 3 days ago and being 197.4 discipline came in and I've switched to a knife.  However, I've only had my PBA one time since then.  I haven't been hungry in the afternoon. 

I don't follow NutriSystem to the letter.  I don't eat a power fuel in the morning with my breakfast unless my breakfast requires milk.  I also don't eat 4 servings of vegetables every day because the majority of the NS meals have at least 1 serving in them.  Whether it's tomato-based sauce or a veggie mix in their stews, soups, etc.  I also don't drink water.  I drink watered down coffee.  And I don't exercise 30 minutes a day.

I do take a multi vitamin and krill oil.

Since NS has things portioned out that keeps me in line.  But I was going crazy with my peanut butter.  :-) 
So new routine for that is using a knife and not shoveling a big dollop of peanut butter on my apple.

Now for the wonky scale.  Weighed myself this morning with just my leggings on.  196.6
Pfft
Brushed my teeth, took off leggings, moved scale slightly, weighed again.  195.4
Leggings do not weigh a pound.  Not even 1/2 a pound.
My theory is there's a gnome under my house (it's above grade) with some kind of giant magical magnet and he's screwing with me when I weigh myself.

My appetite has dropped considerably this week.  Yesterday I didn't want to eat lunch but realized a little after 12 I was hungry.  (I normally eat at 1115 or so.)  Skipped my PBA and when I got home I wasn't really hungry either.  Waited to eat till 6.  It was very yummy.

Normally, this time of year I'm out walking around the building during my breaks and I'm active at home as well.  But I just haven't been feeling 'up'.  This weekend I do want to start a deep clean and reorg of my house.  I already did that with my shed.  We'll see if I get motivated to start with living room.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...