Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Mort and Pharyngitis


Old boy has a cough.  It started Friday or Saturday night.  I was worried.  I know he has a heart murmur and he could get an enlarged heart.  A dry cough is a sign that the heart is so enlarged it's pushing on his windpipe.

So I sent 2 videos to his doctor because I knew Mort wouldn't cough like that in front of the vet.

And his vet also had me count his breaths per minute.  Mort is a very relaxed breather when he's sleeping.  14 per minute.

He got diagnosed with a sore throat.  He's on banana flavored amoxycillin.  Banana!!!

Good thing I'm allergic to amoxycillin or I'd be tempted to drink it myself!  :-)

Twice a day for 7 days.  I hope he starts to get some relief very soon.  It's tough seeing him do this.  Takes a lot out of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...