Saturday, February 17, 2018

New Mattress

I purchased a new mattress Tuesday and it arrived Friday.

I decided on memory foam because the springs bother my hip and knee.

I kept seeing ads for Purple.  And I thought, "I have to have that mattress!"  But after looking at reviews, I decided against it.  The purple egg crate part is not covered by anything, but what you put on the bed.  So if you just put a sheet on it or even a mattress cover and a sheet, the feeling of the squares might be distracting.

I thought about getting the Puffy.  Lifetime warranty, will go right on my box spring.  But then I started worrying about if I didn't like it, that's a lot of money to put into a mattress - $900 to $1,000.

I looked at what my brother and sis-in-law have.   But it requires a platform.  I wanted something I could just put on the box spring.

Then I found Lucid.  Sold at Wal-Mart.  And they have plenty of different thicknesses.  I chose to get fancy and got the 14" four (I think) layer mattress.  It's pretty big, it'll be interesting if the dogs can make it up.

It arrived via FedEx.  It's a 96 pound box.  I could have picked it up at the store (not the same day I purchased).

I pushed the box into the bedroom.  Moved my old mattress to lean against a wall.  Then opened the box and flipped the box onto the bed.  (Not as easy as it sounds.)  I wiggled the box off the mattress.  Then had to move the mattress in it's tight roll to how I thought it would inflate.

The mattress comes with a slide cutter so you don't accidentally cut the mattress.  The thing expands quickly.  I had to wait till it was done to flip it.  I accidentally opened it upside down.

It is recommended to wait 48 hours to allow any memory foam mattress to expand completely.

I looked online last night because I REALLY want to sleep on it.  While armchair quarterbacks state they slept on theirs sooner, 2 mattress review sites made good points....2 days is nothing if it lengthens the life of your mattress by years.

I might let Cesar in later today to check it out.  :-)

It also has an odor to it.  Almost like new carpet.  So make sure your room is ventilated - have a fan going to air it out.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...