Tuesday, January 2, 2018

More Thyroid Info for All

I met a lady this weekend who had her thyroid removed.

She told me all of her tests came back within normal range.  But one day she just rubbed her throat and felt a lump.  She very wisely mentioned it to her doctor who ordered an ultrasound.

This was 10 years ago.  And she knew prior to it being taken when it was misbehaving.  If it was over active, she felt like she could peel the paint off the walls of a room with her nails.  If it was under active, all she wanted to do was sleep.

There were days when she'd loose her voice because of the thyroid pushing on her throat and days when she'd feel like her ear was plugged up.  I have the ear plugged up thing sometimes.

Don't give up!  Even if the tests show normal, it's your body.  Talk to your doctor about all your symptoms.

Luckily, my blood work was showing my thyroid all out of wack.  I never mentioned my plugged up ear, or swollen tongue, or achiness to my doctor.  So let your doctor know everything - even if you don't think it's connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...