Wednesday, November 22, 2017

NS - Short road trip and how I packed

Thanksgiving - the time most folks in the US stuff their faces with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, veggies (maybe), and pumpkin or pecan or apple pie.  And have leftovers of all that the following day.

I won't be doing any of that.  And I'm very glad about it.

It'll be 3 of us plus 9 dogs so no need for all that major cooking especially since none of us are big eaters at this time.  (That's not counting the dogs - they'll eat anything.)

So packing for my weekend - I called Frank & Lola Love Pensacola Beach, the restaurant in Margaritaville where Dad plays every Friday night, and talked to the Head Chef.  I'll be able to eat dinner with Dad and David.  :-)

Talked to Dad about what they have at the house so I don't have to pack my snacks.  I am bringing hummus since I have a big tub of it, my V8, and my decaf coffee.  I saved a box from my first shipment of NS and put my meals for the weekend in there.  Though we might have turkey dogs for dinner tomorrow.  :-)

I'll be a little off schedule because I'm supposed to only have 1 flex dinner once a week.  But I figure if I don't go over my 1200 calories for the day, I'll be ok.

Luckily, I'm not flying anywhere.  I don't know how great this would go packing meals, clothes, etc. and flying.

I'll still be able to walk at least twice a day.  And with 9 dogs I won't have a problem finding a buddy to go with me.

I did not enter the meals into NuMi.  I wasn't that organized about this.

My weight is still at 237.  I'm up to 5 times around the building 3 times a day at work.  And 2 blocks 3 times a day on weekends.  Roughly 1.5 miles walking at 2 to 3 mph.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...