Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Big Step - Goodbye, NutriSystem

After 2 months of thinking it over, I've canceled my NutriSystem.

I'm at a steady weight now.  Not as slim as I'd like to be, but the meals aren't causing me to gain or lose.  So I figured it's time after 2 years and 4 months to try to eat on my own.

Breakfast is 2 egg whites and 1 slice of wholegrain Ezekiel bread.  Maybe a banana on my way to work.  Protein shake with my coffee that takes me at least till 11 to drink all of it.

Lunch is a small can of chopped chicken, roma tomato, and celery with a tiny dab of mayo.  Maybe 1/2 a teaspoon of mayo.

Dinner varies - I've done a bag 'o slaw with a Morning Star Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burger.  Or a NS dinner that I still have a few of in my freezer.

I've only been doing this for a few weeks.  When I get tired of the chicken I'll get Lean Cuisine egg rolls or maybe make chili or something.

I am nervous.  I don't think I have the portion control thing down.  But I have no desire at all to go to any fast food place. 

I do eat a bunless bacon cheeseburger with fries the nights I bowl.  Though tonight I think I'll switch that up and get a hot dog.

NS isn't meant to be forever.  Though I was planning on it that.  It's just so easy to grab something out of the fridge or out of the pantry and zap it.  However, I know it's healthier to eat non-processed foods.

Snacking is either an apple or grapes.

So we'll see how I do.  :-)

2/16/21 Update -
And I failed the doing it on my own.  I'm back up to 235.  So after my roof gets replaced from damages due to Hurricane Sally, I will be going back on NutriSystem.  I don't feel like I failed and I'm not upset at all that I'll be going back.  The food is good and I know it works.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...