Friday, May 25, 2018

2 Weeks Post Thyroidectomy

I visited my surgeon last Thursday for my follow up.  Biopsy results weren't back yet, but thank the lord, he took the steri strips off me!

It felt so good.  Very little itching after that.

I still have a very small scab on one side of the incision, but the scar is barely noticeable.

Monday or Tuesday of this week I got the call that I do not have cancer.  Benign!

I am back on my regular NutriSystem and 125 mcg of Levothyroxin.  Follow up on June 4th with surgeon and in 2 months with my endocrinologist.

I have gained weight this week.  I'm back up to 201.  I'm not really concerned because I've been eating the avocados I have left from my low iodine diet and eating them along with my NS food.  So eventually I'll get back down to my 1200 calories a day and start losing again.

:-)

More update after my June visit with surgeon.

In the meantime back to normal stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dogs Updates

Cesar at 14 is doing well.  He's got a definite limp/swagger when he walks.  That has to do with the herniated disk in his back - I thin...